Effective Date: Nov 7th, 2022
- The ways we collect personal data about you and why we do so
- How we use your personal data
- The choices you have about your personal data
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data, we encourage you to primarily contact us at email@example.com, so we can reply to you more quickly. Alternatively, you may contact:
Name of the controller: Foursaken Media
Address: 230 Fayetteville St, Suite 203, Raleigh, NC 27601
THE DATA WE COLLECT
Data you provide us directly
- Contact information (such as name and email address)
- Player name or tag and password
- Profile information (such as profile photo)
- Your messages and other content you submit when you use the Service (such as chat logs and support tickets)
- Data you provide in connection with surveys, promotions, sweepstakes, competitions and other events
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account or missing purchases)
- Our payment service providers will collect your payment details in connection with any purchases you make through the Service
Data we collect automatically
- Data about your account and game progress, including in most cases an automatically created internal account ID
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device or advertising ID)
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language, internet service provider, and mobile carrier
- Approximate location data (as derived from IP address)
- Data about your use of the Service, such as gameplay data, purchases made and your interactions with other players inside the Service
- The Service may also create a Foursaken Media ID for you when you use the Service.
Data we collect from our partners
We also use third-party partners, such as social networking sites, data analytics providers and advertising networks to supplement information we have about you, such as:
- Data we receive if you link a third-party tool with the Service (such as Facebook, Google, Apple Game Center)
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in games or click fraud in advertising)
- Data from platforms that the games run on or data from payment service providers (such as payment verification data)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes (such as surveys), so we can provide you a better Service
- Data that you have made available to us from a third party service (such as Facebook, Google, Apple Game Center) via your privacy settings
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
To make the Service work
- Create accounts and allow you to play our games and use our Service
- Operate the Service
- Verify and confirm payments
- Provide and deliver products and services you request
- Send you Service-related communications
- Make the Service more suitable for our players
To provide a great Service to our players
- Update and develop player profiles
- Develop and improve the Service and player experience
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as part of the Service
- Customize your Service experience
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide player support
- Provide you offers from Foursaken Media in the Service
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
- Enable you to communicate with other players
- Show personalized advertisements
To show you personalized advertisements in the Service
- Track the content you access in connection with the Service and your online behavior
- Deliver, target and improve our advertising and the Service
- For information on how to opt-out from personalized advertisements, see the "Your Rights and Options" section below
To keep the Service safe and fair
- Ensuring a level playing field in the Service is a top priority for us.
In order to keep the Service and its social features safe and fair, to fight fraud, and ensure acceptable use otherwise
- Analyze and monitor use of the Service and its social features
- Moderate chats either automatically or manually
- Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving players
- Analyze, profile, and segment
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile and segment all collected data.
With your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes.
WHO CAN SEE YOUR DATA
Apart from Foursaken Media, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
Other players and users
Social features are a core component of our games. Other players and users may, for example, see your profile data, in-game activities, and read the messages you have posted.
Our service providers
Foursaken Media has partners who help us to provide the Service. These partners process your data only at and according to Foursaken Media's instructions to provide the Service, and perform tasks such as hosting, player support, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention.
Other companies and public authorities
In order to combat fraud and illegal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests.
We may also disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our players or others.
Advertising and Social Media partners
The Service includes features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools and in-game advertising. These partners may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies (listed below in the "Partners" section) to learn more about their data processing practices.
These partners may access data regarding your activities and your device (such as your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share data we have collected about you with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this data (and similar data collected from other services) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third-party services within their networks. These partners may operate under their own privacy policies. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” If you prefer not to share your personal data with third-party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions in “Your Rights and Options” below.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
We may send you push notifications through our mobile applications. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Opt-out of targeted advertising
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and turning off “Allow Apps to Request to Track” or selecting "Limit Ad Tracking" (Apple iOS) or "Opt-out of Interest Based Ads" (Android). For more information, see the "Partners" section below.
You can also opt out from personalized in-game offers through the options provided in the game settings (where applicable).
Your other rights
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent.
We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may also contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area, Switzerland or UK for unresolved complaints.
If you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights described above, please use the support options described in “Contact Us” above. We will respond to all requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we may also take additional steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by requesting you provide us a purchase receipt or other account information, asking you to link your email address with your game account, or asking you to answer questions regarding your activities on our Services. Once you have verified your identity, you may also designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf by providing the agent’s contact information to our customer support staff, as required by applicable law.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment as a result of your exercise of these rights.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
In order to help ensure a secure and safe player experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. We may for example periodically de-identify unused game accounts, and we may regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest based advertising to anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal data. If we learn that we have collected personal data about a child under age 13, we will delete that data as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any data from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Under the GDPR regulations, should you wish for your data to be deleted, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the privacy practices and opt-out possibilities of our partners, please visit the links below.